Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Signed: "Confused in MPLS"

So a year ago a business coach (company sponsored, mind you. She's a great person and it was a wonderful experience.) told me: "Don't let perfection stand in the way of good enough." Good advice for me as I tend to obsess over details.

But lately the big man at our company has added this tag line onto the signature for his emails: "Good enough is the enemy of great."

Befuddling. What's a poor boy to do???

Crashed my Big Dummy on the way in today. Stopped to pick up a swanky StealthLite that was laying beside the path. Great shape, it even works. (Those things are totally waterproof. Plus, I love ground scores while riding.) In the process of stopping my glasses fogged up. 50m up the way I didn't notice the path was ice. I made a quick move to shoot up a grass bank and cut through a parking lot. I got no further than cutting my front wheel a couple degrees before I was lying on the ground. Took the entire fall on my right knee, precisely where the ice turned back to rough ASS-fault. Pass the Vitamin I, please.

Watch the freeze-thaw, friends. I usually make it through the winter relatively unscathed. It's early spring that always seems to get me.

3 comments:

jbagression said...

Remember Flecker, hope is not a successful buisness plan either... FUCKIT! I hope to become rich. Weed and beer rich that is... XXOO

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mark said...

It was rough riding on the icy streets of Mpls and St. Paul last night, but I made it unscathed. Nice seeing you last night. Heal up dear boy!