Friday, January 25, 2008

Thoughts For the End of the Week

3-5 (above zero) commute this morning. Man, oh man, does that feel good! Yesterday was the coldest ride so far this winter -- 13 below at the start, but already warmed to 5 below by the time I arrived at work. Surprisingly, I over dressed. 20s and 30s for the weekend. Time to unearth some t-shirts and break out the kilt!

I'm planning to partake in the Rachel Dow Skirt Ride tomorrow night. Leaving from Chiang Mai Thai at 10pm for points unknown. Celebrating a friend's life, two-wheel style. You should pack a flask and roll on over to enjoy the January heat wave with some like-minded folks. Fire by the river to follow. I have to plan my wardrobe.

Snakebite is in town again this weekend. I said the same thing the last time he was in town, but I just maybe, just might pry my lazy butt out of bed tomorrow morning to check out this ride of mythical proportions which is sometimes led by ATW Ray -- the Hiawatha Cyclery Ride. They sell Rivendell and I've never seen their shop. Perhaps I have avoided popping in because I know something drastic may happen and I'll end up adding weight to my bag for the ride home (i.e. I'll spend money).

Have a good weekend, friends.

No comments: