Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wow: Bike Parents Challenged Part II

My last post has elicited many responses. I appreciate them all. My longtime friend and lost-soul-brother-at-birth, Brother Houts, just emailed me a link to a most disturbing story extracted from reports of an incident in Asheville, NC involving someone who chose to use a gun to show his disapproval of a parent hauling his kid aboard a bike.

"You're endangering your child, so I'm going to attempt to kill you." That's sound logic.

The moral of the story, I guess it could always be worse.

3 comments:

Fonk said...

That is, indeed, a very disturbing story...

Fygar said...

Woah, this guy did not get the memo that A-ville is the peace-loving, dread-locked, super-mellow epicenter of the modern hippie universe. . . Or maybe he did.

Andy said...

I know there are folks out there just waiting to become shadow vigilantes. In the case of Dietz, maybe he could have his bones slowly broken, given about 300 paper cuts, and floated in a vat of alcohol and salt.