Wednesday, July 23, 2008

APB: Stolen Bike, S Mpls!

It's bike thievin' season in Mpls. Please look out for yet another one-of-a-kind ride that has been ripped off from a good friend. Bike thieves should learn a bit about what they're stealing and not steal custom and otherwise easily recognized bikes owned by people who have lots of bike friends all over the city and aren't afraid to take action to reclaim the goods. If you see this, and someone will, here's the drill: tackle first, take the bike and ask questions later. Fools.

This is a custom bike. It has distinctive features and NICE parts. You'll see a hooligan on it and know right away something is up. Take that person down -- derby style! It went missing last night from the 40th and Elliot vicinity.

Here's the message from J.B.:

My Specter 29er was lifted from my garage last night. Help me get it back and I'll give you something nice for your assistance...

Flat Black 29er Frame and Fork; Gray Specter graphic painted on downtube
Has a stainless coffin for the brake bridge and the seattube has a big stainless plate on the back where it's been cutout. There is not another one of these frames around, it's the only one...

Black King h-set
Hope brakes with goodridge lines, front caliper is black and rear is silver.
Hope Front hub on Salsa rim and salsa QR, surly hub on salsa rim in rear bolt on.
Race Face Deus SS Cranks blk, x type
silver shimano clipless pedals
Surly Torsion Bar on salsa cro moto stem
rouge lock on grips...
niterider light mount on bars.
knog taillight on seatpost
axiom saddlebag
trail a bike hitch on seatpost too...

PLEASE help me get my cherry back! If you see it, call me and I'll come a runnin' with my tommy gun and brass knuckles.

612-741-7468. or 311 to get connected to the police.

Thanks very much.

JB

Of note: The a**hole that did this also removed my daughters training wheels and took them also... I just don't get that...

No comments: